Look, we have been together a long time. Those ski trips, that Columbian prison....just go right and subscribe. Its the right thing to do.
Happy Wednesday Blue Dragon Army! As a transformational coach, my job is to teach you how to be good at ANYTHING. Since I have become a full time entrepreneur, I have become acquainted with an old and dear friend:
Yes, this the fun part of chasing your dreams and sticking it to the man. Its like revisiting my college days.
So today, I went over my finances.
After all my bills are paid, I allotted myself a whopping 40 bucks for groceries. The real value to YOU, the reader, is what I did with that 40 bucks.
4 Words: 99 Cents Only Store.
With a slight amount of cooking knowledge and some ground rules, you can DOMINATE your food bill. You need to find a 99 Cents Only Store with a fresh vegetables section to maximize results.
There are certain rules that must be adhered to otherwise you are going to look like Danny Devito in a week. I'm not going to mince words, there are a LOT of fat people at these stores. If you look at what they are buying, you see why. Chips, soda, chocolate bars, canned vegetables, bread. Here are the rules I follow to maintain a healthy lifestyle:
1. Anything canned is HUGE in sodium and will pack on water weight pounds
2. Stay the F out of the candy and chips aisle. Ain't no good coming from that place
3. Sodas and flavored drinks, to include fruit juices are high in sugar and will fatten you up quickly
4. Processed meat and frozen ANYTHING is loaded with sodium and chemicals.
5. Rice and pasta are starches and should be used sparingly, that being said, brown rice and a once a week pasta dish are ok. Red potatoes are ok 1-2 times a week.
6. Certain foods are SUCH a good value, its a no brainer:
7, Keep a few things in mind: 80 percent of "cheese" is hardened vegetable oil. Check the label if you don't believe me. Guess what? Dry coffee creamer and imitation bacon bits are hardened soy flakes. Once again check label. Cooking spray is soybean oil usually.
Why is this important? Soy consumption leads to estrogen production in men, man boobs, lowered sex drive and possibly erectile dysfunction. This article from Men's Health supports my claim: http://www.menshealth.com/nutrition/soys-negative-effects.
So without further ado, here is what I ended getting for only 31 bucks:
|CLICK TO ENLARGE|
THAT is how you shop, cook, and feed yourself. You should send this to every college student you know and tell them to quit eating out so much. I hope this is a valuable lesson that planning and some small culinary talent can pay off BIG and save you money.
31 bucks. Think about it.